Thursday, October 28, 2010

Book Club Post for Friday the 29th

Right now in Forever War, Filkins makes a great point that I've never really even thought off. While he is flying over Iraq in a black hawk he notices a farmer down below and the farmer waves to him. Then Filkin begins to talk about how there is finally hope for this country. What I'm trying to say is that people seem to forget that this country is occupied with good people. Not all of the citizens there want and wish harm on the USA and other countries around the world. People who live there wake up and go about their everyday lives and have to deal with an ongoing war, that is something that should never be wished upon anyone. I couldn't imagine waking up and having to go through checkpoints and militarized zones just to get to Bridgewater every morning. I make a fuss when I have to go through a detour for three months. It made me realize a few things, one just how spoiled I am and possibly others out there are, and two how lucky we are to live in this great country.

No comments:

Post a Comment