Friday, October 15, 2010

The Forever War, what are some of these guys thinking?

The more I read this book, the more I wonder what are some of these guys thinking? It seems that each time they wake up they wonder that if they are going to die today, it is mostly their own fault. They often talk about how if things are going to end badly or go wrong it is because of their own stupidity. I think this is one of the main side effects of being at war. As I continue to read the book the men become more and more reckless and I am not sure if this is because they're losing their sanity, and they are beginning to wonder if this war is ever going to end and if they're ever going to go home. Obviously I have no clue what these men are going through but it seems that the longer the war continues the crazier and more eccentric they become.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wonder the same thing. Why do they put themselves through this? You mention you wonder if the environment they are in is impacting the way they are thinking and reacting. I am sure it is. Could this be the reason for such reactions as you reading in the text? It is impossible to really get into a soldiers head.

    ReplyDelete